Thursday, 28 March 2013

Exciting changes




 







Can you believe it's nearly Easter, it's so cold! I'm sure by now it should be a little warmer, don't you agree!  I am so looking forward to this weekend, it will involve eating lots of mini eggs, my favourite, but most importantly, we have a family weekend planned.  After 9 weeks away, Andy my husband is due home from an unexpected detachment.  On the agenda will be morning walks, hot soup and bread for lunch (we just love homemade soup) eating cake and watching family movies in the afternoons and then once the children are in bed, some valuable catch up time and maybe just a little sewing.

I've got lots to fill him in on as this unexpected seperation bought home to me the need to make some changes in how I do things.  After all, even though I think I am superwomen, I have to accept that it is not possible to work 7 days a week for months on end, be a good mum and have some resemblance of a house that I would not hide in shame if anyone were to visit.  It's hard balancing everything when he is at home, impossible when he is away.  So after much thought, cups of tea, lots of late night talks with mum (Penny) with the odd glass of wine, I have decided that I am going to be spending a lot more time here on the blog.  I'll be working on the many 'Make it' projects that have been buzzing around my head, sharing ideas and inspiration, sourcing yet more beautiful fabrics and trims with Penny for the website and rather excitingly I am going to be creating a brand new range of kits, these will include some Little Kitten Homemade favourites, plus a range of brand new additions, more about this very soon.  So what does this means for LKH?....well I'll still continue to make lots of bunting, banners and pretty things that will be ready to ship to their new loving homes, however the range of products available for the time being, has now been updated in my website. 

This weekend, I will of course find a little time to do some sewing and my project will be a much asked for and promised by me, dolly quilt for my daughter.  I'm using a selection of vintage 'small' size pieces that Poppy chose.  So far I've cut a couple of 5cm strips across the full width of each piece, in each of the 6 designs (12 strips in total) and I'm simply going to sew them all together to create the quilt top.  I know I want to incorporate some lace into the design, possibly this lovely pink one, but I'm also toying with the idea of edging the quilt with white lace rather than a quilt binding.....decisions decisions.  I''ll let you see how it turns out.

I hope that you are all as excited about these changes as both I and mum are.  Have a lovely weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment, we really do appreciate it! If you have any questions, please do ask away and we'll do our very best to answer them.